Graphene Frontiers is a world leader in the production of graphene for commercial and industrial applications.
The company is the winner of a significant grant from the National Science Foundation (NSF) for its innovative, patent pending, manufacturing process. Graphene Frontiers’ proprietary chemical vapor deposition (CVD) process works at atmospheric pressure compared to all other graphene companies that require a more expensive process utilizing a vacuum environment. Therefore, Graphene Frontiers is uniquely positioned to mass produce graphene on a commercial scale and at an economically viable cost. This process is also able to transfer graphene to nearly any substrate.
Graphene Frontiers’ mass production capabilites will facilitate market disruption within the biosensor, desalinization, and electronics industries, among others. Because of its light weight, extraordinary strength and superior conductivity, graphene, the Nobel Prize winning nanomaterial, has been called “the miracle material of the 21st century”.
Graphene Frontiers began in 2010 and became a spin-out in 2011, under the University of Pennsylvania’s UPstart program. It was founded by Dr. Charlie Johnson and Dr. Zhengtang Luo, with CEO Michael Patterson. The company, with headquarters in Philadelphia, PA, USA, markets graphene globally.
Graphene field effect transistors are especially promising for diseases with multiple markers, such as cancers, and illnesses currently diagnosed using ELISA or chemELISA technology, such as Lyme disease.
The Graphene Frontiers Difference - 5 Valuable Reasons Why Graphene Frontiers Will Be More Successful For Your Application & For Your Company
- Graphene Frontiers has mastered scale and can produce graphene globally for commercial and industrial application - right now.
- Graphene Frontiers has a successful track record as a commercial producer, collecting its first revenue in 2012.
- Graphene Frontiers’ innovative and exclusive manufacturing process makes it economically viable to produce graphene for commercial and industrial applications.
- Graphene Frontiers has global reach, producing for customers around the world.
- Graphene Frontiers’ patented manufacturing process is truly state-of-the-art nanotechnology. No other company has anything like it.
Graphene Frontiers is highly acclaimed for its innovations and achievements
- National Science Foundation (NSF) SBIR Phase II grant for Roll-to-roll Production of Uniform Graphene Films at Atmospheric Pressure and Low Temperature
- Member of inaugural NSF I-Corps class at Stanford, NJTC Venture Awards for People's Choice and Best Nanotech Company
- National Technology Innovation Awards (TechConnect) 2013 and 2014 (won 3 categories in 2014), Ben Franklin grant, NTI grant